Friday, January 15, 2010

Oh so blessed

Lately:


Well, what is new with the Thornton family? We have 2 new additions, our GIANT bloodhound, Cooter and our welsh corgi, Annie Oakley. Cooters tag on his collar says "Cooter Don Randall Farris Thornton" haha, my husband wanted it to be as long as possible. And, guess where the Farris came from.. Definitely my DAD! He calls Haize "Haize Randall Farris Thornton" lol, its funny! Oh and I have recently acquired a job. I still get to stay at home with my boy a lot though which is perfect. I've been working at a psychiatric hospital, called Acadia, since the beginning of December. It's a great place to work with some great people.

Christmas went great, we got some great things! My husband bought me a concho belt and we also got a new DVD video camera (Thanks Meemaw & Liza, LOVE IT!!) We stayed here in Clyde for Christmas, and my Meemaw & Liza came to visit. I worked part of Christmas day (voluntarily). Daniel, Brandi, Job, Joah & baby Ezra came down after Christmas, that is my sister and her family. We had so much fun making wall crosses and hanging out at primetime, we wish they could have stayed longer. My brother-in-law went to Cavenders and bought a pair of boots, when he got back I noticed they were the same exact ones as mine! Great minds think alike! My nephews are precious, my sister is beautiful and my brother-in-law is one of the nicest people I know. Hopefully we can go visit them in New Mexico soon. My best friend Lesley and her boyfriend Leo also came to visit, I was so happy to see her. We got to hang out on New Years Eve! It was a fun night. We went to Chilis to pick up a cousin first then to Elegante then to the Lucky Mule, we had a super good time! The next day Haize went to El Paso to visit all of his great grandparents, great aunt and even his great-great-grandmother! It was his first trip to El Paso, but there will be many more to come! He will be so used to that drive, just like I was when I was a kid!

As for my husband, well he deserves his own paragraph! He has been the biggest help ever, I can't believe how great he is. And not just with Haize, but everything! This past week he stayed home with our sick baby boy because he is just that wonderful! We are so lucky and blessed to have this life we live and to be in love as much as we are.

Lately we have just been chasing our handsome prince around, he is into everything. When we tell him "no" he looks back and smiles and it just melts us! I end up falling onto the floor and cuddling him right up! Probably not the best discipline strategy but hey, he is my baby boy, and he is too dang cute to say no! (And yes, this child is beyond spoiled by everyone) but it's okay, he is our pride and joy, who could ask for more?

We are so ready for softball to start, my husband is counting down the days.. No, literally! He has a countdown on his iPhone, it contains things such as: my birthday, our sons' birthday, our anniversary, his birthday THEN the day of the softball meeting for team coaches. Yes, it's a little ridiculous, but it makes him happy (and me too). He just got a new bat for his bday, which isn't until the 19th. You can bet that when I am at work on Sunday from 12-7 him, Dad & Shane will be at the park hitting softballs, just like last Sunday. Then when I go to my parent's house after work my husband will tell me how terrible Dad did, and Dad will tell me how horrible my hubby is. I'm stuck in the middle of this ongoing joke between them that involves them talking
bad about each other every chance they get. They get such a kick out of it. EVERY time I talk to my dad he ALWAYS without fail asks.. "What's that no good piece of crap lazy guy your married to doing?" You must understand this is the opposite of my husband. And if he is around, he is sure to have me tell my dad something ugly. The truth is they are great friends! Now how cute is that?

So, just now after serving dinner, picking the little ones dinner up off the floor, making the guys necklaces, and cutting my husbands hair at 9:00 at night I have realized that living with these boys is a full time job, plus overtime. I am a barber, driver, cook, seamstress, painter, pitcher, catcher, boo boo fixer, janitor, laundry doer, pick-up-after-er, put-seat-down-after-er, secretary, personal shopper, video taping, photo taking, psych hospital working, softball stat recording, beer fetching, jewelry making, running around wife, mom, sister-in-law, best friend, cousin, daughter. I am just ready to go lay in my bed that has a softball glove under the mattress to help break it in, then my husband just told me to charge the video camera so I can sit in the cold and video tape the guys playing softball tomorrow. I am not the only one, no not at all. Most of you moms know what I mean. I don't think any of us would trade it for anything though. So I will hem their pants with a smile and think..

Thank you God for making me a skilled girl who can do anything, but most of all Thank you for all these boys in my life. Family or not, I am keeping them no matter what!


No comments: